Thursday, July 07, 2005

Evanenscent

Evanescent adj :tending to vanish like vapor sny: passing, transient, transitory, momentary

Okay class, now that we've had our vocab lesson we can go on. I chose this as the title to my blog today for two very good reasons.
First the classes are so dense this summer (each class is only two 1/2 weeks long) that I'm scared everything we have been study will vanish, when it comes time to apply it in Sept.
The second reason I chose this as my title is that it reminds me that this manic, uber crazy schedule is only momentary. It dawned on my yesterday that there are only five weeks left of the summer program before I start teaching. It's going so fast. It seems incredible to think that the bulk of what we need to know to work with children with disabilities, is going to be unloaded on us in the next five weeks. The first couple of weeks have whizzed by. I never knew how much law a special education teacher actually has to know until now. We have to know it inside and out in order to not find ourselves in a due process litigation.
Cohort five.. keepn' it real!

3 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Absolutely kickin'. Lindsay's a blogger. Polka-dotty blog, but still a blog.

And all was right with the world.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Amber Himes said...

wow! sounds like an exciting adventure! i'm so proud of you!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Benjamin said...

So does this mean you are going to fade into the sunset and leave us here all alone without a Burke to lean on???

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home