Monday, August 31, 2009

New Beginnings

The autumn is a time of change. The leaves change, the weather changes, and I decided I'm going to do some changing as well. In Hawaii, I did lots of journaling and went through a Bible study, and found that I need to work on being a better steward of my time and money, and I need to work on my communications skills (this is a slightly ironic one). You would think someone as loquacious as myself wouldn't have problems in the communication skills arena. Quite the opposite actually, I am an open book as far as emotions go (expect with my students) and I often get lazy or just plain rude when I interact with others, because I'm stressed, frustrated or tired. This is unfare to those around me and I am committing to working on it. Don't get me wrong there are particular areas that I do well at when communicating with others, I just need to work on making sure that I stay connected to my friends that mean a lot to me, and "use kind words." Enough for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home